Yemenites in Kfar Hashiloach

 

 

 

 
The immigration of the Yemenite Jews to the Land of Israel in 1882 was nicknamed "climbing a palm tree". As pioneers of the Jewish settlement outside the walls of Old Jerusalem, Yemenite Jews arrived in the vicinity of the Silwan village. The wave of immigration lasted until 1914, and at its peak, the settlement numbered about two hundred families. It prospered despite economic and security difficulties. In the late 1930s and after the series of violent events that took place in the country, the British Mandate Government decided to disperse the settlement, and its residents settled in other places in the country.